Strategies of Omaha-Poker
To play this game for free at Betsson, Click Here.
To Play this game for real at Betsson and win real money, Click Here.
Players of Omaha at Betsson
Up to ten players can play at one table. In tournaments, however, more tables may be part of the tournament.
Betting structure of Omaha at Betsson
Omaha is played with two blinds; small blind and big blind. A blind is a bet that two players are forced to post before the cards are dealt. Omaha can be played as Limit, Pot-Limit and No-Limit.
Order of play of Omaha at Betsson
1. The two players to the left of the dealer post the blinds. The dealer is symbolised by a button marked ”D” in front of the player. The dealer button rotates clockwise around the table.
2. Every player is dealt four cards face down (”hole cards”). These cards are exclusive to the player and not visible to the other players.
3. The player to the left of the big blind starts the first round of betting.
4. Three cards (”the flop”) are placed face up in the middle of the table. These community cards are shared by all players and are combined with the hole cards.
5. The player to the left of the dealer starts the second round of betting.
6. The fourth community card (”the turn”) is placed in the middle of the table.
7. The player to the left of the dealer starts the third round of betting.
8. The fifth and last community card (”the river”) is placed in the middle of the table.
9. The last round of betting is started by the player to the left of the dealer.
10. Showdown – The player with the best hand wins the pot. Every player must combine two hole cards with three of the community cards to make the best five-card hand. If more than one player have the same hand they split the pot.
Omaha Hi/Lo of Omaha at Betsson
In Omaha Hi/Lo the pot is split between the highest hand and the best low hand, if there is a valid low hand. In order to be counted as a low hand, no card in the combined five-card hand can be higher than 8 or consist of a pair. Aces can be used for both high and low hands. When comparing the low hands, the hand wins that has the lowest high card. This means that 7,5,4,2,A will beat 8,4,3,2,A. If both players have the same high card, the second highest are compared, etc. It is possible for one player to win both the high and the low hand. The low hand can be a flush or a straight. Therefore, the best low hand is 5,4,3,2,A. If there is no valid low hand, the high hand wins the entire pot.